Local offer

Are you looking for information in your area to support your child with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (in England)? Your Local Offer can help! 

Your Local Offer is your online information service, containing lots of information in one place about education, health, social care and support in your area for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities or SEND. 

How do I find my Local Offer? 

Every Local Authority (LA) provides a Local Offer website which should be regularly updated. 

You should be able to find the Local Offer for your area by going to your LA’s website and searching for ‘Local Offer’.  

The Local Offer has two key purposes: 

  • To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it 
  • To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN, their parents and service providers in its development and review.  

What information will my Local Offer include?

The Local Offer shows where families can find SEND information, advice and support.

  • There will be a broad range of information about the support the Local Authority has available, such as speech and language therapy and occupational therapy.
  • Information on types of educational settings, such as local nurseries, schools, colleges and services to support children and young people with additional needs.
  • Information about SEN Support in mainstream settings and Education Health and Care assessments (EHCA) should be available.
  • Available transition and training options in preparation for adulthood.
  • Transport arrangements.
  • Information and advice on out-of-school clubs and short breaks. 
  • There should also be information about other useful services outside of the Local Authority, such as specialist hospitals. 


The Local Offer should be reviewed regularly to make sure the information is up-to-date. 

Is my Local Offer good for my child’s condition?

Parents and carers are invited to give feedback on their Local Offer. 

Decide on three important questions to help you to support your child, related to their needs. You may want sleep training or continence advice, specialist social care or support groups in your area. 

  • Then search for these topics on your Local Offer, using the search box. 
  • Did you find what you wanted? 
  • Was it easy to find and to understand? 

If you answer ‘Yes’ then your Local Offer is working well. 

If you answer ‘No’ then you should let your Local Authority know. 

You can tell your Local Authority what you think by ‘submitting’ or ‘giving feedback’ using tabs or buttons at the top or bottom of Local Offer pages. 

You can read comments about your Local Offer by clicking on ‘Comment on the Local Offer’ at the bottom of a page, which takes you to feedback from other parents ancarers in your area. 

Do you want to know more?

Need more help?

If you need to speak with one of Shine’s specialist advisers about spina bifida or hydrocephalus, call us on 01733 555988 or click here to email us.

Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We aim to respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible!

Donate Become a member