Awareness Week 2016
This October, please #GoYellow and help Shine raise awareness for spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
Help us advocate for better, more accessible services for those with spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Every mention to your friends, every yellow event, every shout-out on social media makes a difference!
There are lots of ways to get involved. Want to help? Here's what you can do:
Take the Awareness Week Challenge!
- Monday 24 October: #GoYellow on your social media profiles. Change your profile picture to this image and help us spread the word.
- Share our bouncing ball on social media! Go to facebook.com/shineukcharity or twitter.com/shineukcharity
- Share your story! Help us demonstrate what it's really like to live with spina bifida and hydrocephalus, and tell us your story. !
Share on socials!
We're posting on our social media pages all through October, and we really need your help to get the message out there. Like and share our posts, and show your support! Check us out on facebook.com/ShineUKCharity or twitter.com/ShineUKCharity
#GoYellow and do some fundraising!
Contact our Fundraising Team on T: 01733 555988 or E: or go to our fundraising pages on the website for some inspiration.
Click here, or signpost your friends to shinecharity.org.uk/donate. Every donation, however small, however large, has the potential for profound impact. You can also text to donate, just text YELO42 £4 to 70070 to donate £4.
For events in your local area, contact your local Shine representative, or the main office on T: 01733 555988.
- 25th October: National buildings all over the UK will be lighting up in honour of World Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Day - join us at Cardiff City Hall, St George's Hall, Liverpool, Belfast City Hall, and the Leeds Arena. The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth is kindly lighting up for the whole week! In Peterborough, we'll be out and about in the city centre, so watch out for some yellow t-shirts floating about!
- 28th October: We'll have a stand on Bridge Street in Peterborough city centre raising awareness, so look out for our bright yellow tent and t-shirts and come and say hello!
Whatever you do, please join us this October - shout loud, feel proud, and #GoYellow!